Interested in Auditioning?
• The Northern Lights Chorale rehearses Thursday nights from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Peace Community United Methodist Church In Shoreview. (5050 Hodgson Road)
• As of this writing, we have one concert scheduled for Sunday, November 14th at 3:00 at the Benson Great Hall on the Bethel University Campus. Call will be 1:00 p.m.
• We expect everybody to be at all rehearsals and performances but realize that is not a realistic expectation. If you have to miss, we ask you notify your section leader and the director.
• We are completely a volunteer organization. All the singers and the director are not paid.
• The chorale provides music, rehearsal and performance folders for the singers.
• You do not need to prepare anything for the audition. Bruce will take you through some vocal exercises to determine range, timbre, tonal and rhythmic memory, and musicianship. The entire process plus a few minutes of visiting should take about 15 or 20 minutes.
In an effort to maximize our efforts to keep everyone safe, we have established the following protocols. These will change as the virus conditions change.
• You must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide proof of your vaccination.
• We will wear masks while singing. The chorale is purchasing singer masks for all members. If you would rather, you may wear a mask of your choice
• We will be socially distancing during rehearsals and concerts.
• Members will be asked to take a health evaluation check-up prior to each rehearsal. This is merely a questionnaire to determine if you have experienced any COVID symptoms. The check up takes all of 10 seconds and is done on your cell phones.
• If you are ill on the day/night of a rehearsal we ask you to stay home. Rehearsals will be recorded and you will have access to them on our Members Only section of our web page.
For more information about the chorale or to schedule an audition time, please contact our director, Bruce Phelps at: email@example.com